Sunday, September 16, 2018

What's up Perlis... a wet weekend it is


Woken up to the sound of the rain pattering on the roof. Heavily.
Warrrrgh... another wet day.
Thoughts go to

the days when our place was inundated with flood and we had to flee our homes back in 2010. What an experience!

Hurricane Mangkhut did make a landfall on Luzon Island of the Philippines. What had happened over there was not so much in the news as Hurricane Florence which battered Carolina. Endless footage of the storm was aired over Breaking News CNN.

I dont know whether the wet weather we are facing here is a result of the storm in this region. And as a result, the well known Gua Kelam is flooded . Its closed to visitors if you had not known.



Gua Kelam kelmarin


The wet days too put a damper on my daily schedule. No washing done and cikli too could not hold his cangkul. Going out to town too had not been done and we had finished our supplies. Yesterday for lunch I cooked kotiau goreng. How it turned bokbek was a mystery. Cikli and I could not eat the soggy kotiau and we went hungry the whole day. To go out and tapau food in the rain was a no no. Too lazy for that.
For dinner, I cooked with whatever was left and ended with cucuq kentang. Bolehlah tahan bila cicah sos cili maggi.
Sometimes, I questioned myself on why I let all my children go . None of them are near us. As a result we have nobody to rely on . So when the knees are weak and the shoulders too, we have no choice but to go on. Pity those who are way older than us. But our time too is not far away as I could feel the pains in my body not going away after that 10 days outing before.

As I was writing this piece of writing, my eyes strayed to the fields across the road. A little ray of sun is seen creeping up . Hope its sunny today as I intended to go out. One of sil's husband is still in hospital and we have yet to visit him. Cikli has not completely recover from his illness as yet and I too have my bout of sickness.

And I have to buy provisions . Lest we go hungry .
Sometimes I do feel penat menguruskan semua sendiri.

Thats all folks. Bye.

2 comments:

  1. Sama sini hujan dah sepuluh hari lebih. Saya pun duk tambah kilo saja. Kebun kebanjiran. Kona pi kona mai end up ataih katil. Tido.

    ReplyDelete
  2. kat Penang hujan sekejap2 tapi lebat pun air da naik atas jalan. hati hati semua..

    ReplyDelete