Tuesday, July 17, 2018

that Little House on the Prairie...


Last night,resting the tired limbs,I managed to get control of the remote of the tv. Haha..cikli has been given the liberty of the remote during the world Cup. So,he got to watch ,like I did during those times.
Flicking from channel to channel,I rested at a long time series ...Little House on the Prairie. Remember Laura Ingals,Mary and their lives back to those peneroka time...hehe I was lost here. Peneroka..oh ye settlers.

Whatever it is, that series really made me thought of our little house in JPL.
Those memories sometimes made a comeback from time to time.

Ours was a little malay traditional house on stilts. Made of wood for the walls and flooring and thatched attaps for the roof initially. Its cold in the nights but blazing hot in the evenings.

Things were hot in that little house in JPL. Relationships I mean. I was hot with my elder sister ,disagreeing with almost everything under the sky. TT and ba too seemed at odds mostly all the times.

At a dinner table in Bukit Mahkota recently,that pertinent question of our animosity was raised up.
I too wondered why . I asked my younger siblings whether they have experienced any miseries from me as an elder sister. And they answered in unison none as far as they can remember. haha... jadi akak ni kakak yg baik la nooo. Mana lah tau kot kot akak ni pernah terrorise my younger siblings.

Oh my why has that Little House on the Prairie got any link to my story of my growing up?
I love  stories of siblings relationships. Growing together,loving each others without so much of fighting and squabbling and bickerings

Little House on the Prairie , growing up watched them in black and white. Not in the comfort of our living room but from the verandah of our well to do neighbour who owned the first set of tv back in the 60's.



We have come a long way.
If you havent know..the series is running on Hits..astro .

No comments:

Post a Comment