Sunday, July 18, 2021

Happy Sunday? ....

 When I was young and posted to the hinterland of Selangor,there was this one song that I always hummed. The Green Green Grass of Home...

Ulu Selangor and to be exact Felda Gedangsa... oh how could I forget.

The window of my room opened to a view of the large expanse of oil palm trees. Plains and hills of them. I had my first self bought music player and bought  a few records . And you know the song that I kept on playing was the Green Grass of Home..

Reading about the latest development in our beloved country,I could nt help not feeling down.

Soaring is the number of C19 cases at this moment esp in the Kalng Valley. Alas my children and cucus are all there. Its the school holiday right now. But... nobody's coming back. Even with the raya soon.

This Sunday could be a day when I anticipate the returns of my children with their families. 

But what to doooo.... dari jauh kita berkirim salam dan bertanya khabar. Rindu tolak tepi. Takut bahaya yg menanti .

Kepada ibubapa yg anak anak tak balik, usahlah berkeluh kesah. Merayu supaya anak anak pulang. 

Bahaya ! Kita tak nampak tapi ada dimana mana dan dibawa oleh sesiapa saja.

Rumput dilaman pun berkata...Usah pulang wahai perantau. Jangan jadi pembawa covid ke desa. Kami akan hijau bila bila masa.


Green Green Grass of Home

The old hometown looks the same
As I step down from the train
And there to meet me is my mama and papa
Down the road I look and there runs Mary
Hair of gold and lips like cherries
It's good to touch the green, green grass of home
Yes, they'll all come to meet me
Arms reaching, smiling sweetly
It's good to touch the green, green grass of home
The old house is still standing
Though the paint is cracked and dry
And there's that old oak tree that I used to play on
Down the lane, I walk with my sweet Mary
Hair of gold and lips like cherries
It's good to touch the green, green grass of home
Then I awake and look around me
At four grey walls that surround me
And I realize, yes, I was only dreaming
For there's a guard and there's a sad, old padre
On and on, we'll walk at daybreak
Again, I'll touch the green, green grass of home
Yes, they'll all come to see me
In the shade of that old oak tree
As they lay me
'Neath the green, green grass of home
Source: Musixmatch
Songwriters: Curly Putman


f Home lyrics © Tree International, Tree Publishing Co. Inc.

Web results

No comments:

Post a Comment