Monday, May 25, 2020

The eid of 2020...


Its dawn of a new day. The second of Syawal when Muslims celebrate eid when I type this post.
Yesterday we celebrated it silently.
Its a different feeling altogether. Nothing of the similarities of yesteryear .
Its the new normal. The pkpb way. So they say.

None of the family member of ciklicikson's clan could make it home.
We stay put where we are.
Three in KL and one in Kuantan with the pop and mom in Peghelih...errr Perlis.

Sedih....sedih juga. Mau dengar takbir lagilah.....

This year, gone are the excitement of merendang and menyerunding.
The family preparing for the 1 st of Syawal together is no more.
Just sweep the floor, straighten here and there and we are ready for the visitors... if they come.

Cooked the usual beef rendang and beef curry for the ketupat. On a very small quantity. Just for me and cikli and the few brothers and sisters of cikli who might come.

Baju baru ? ....none.
Kasut? ..still none.

By 10,I dressed up to go to cikli's mother's home in my old dress.Jumpa mertua and cikli's siblings.
Mine? They are all gone and my remaining sisters and brother are in Kedah and KL. The interstate travel ban imposed made it clear none of my siblings could visit me.

A few video conferences with my sister and children ,a few whatsapp messages.......

Sedihhhh...murung juga sekejap.

Bye. Selamat Hari Raya. Maaf zahir dan Batin.


No comments:

Post a Comment