Saturday, July 18, 2020

Tahniah !


Glad was I when I received news that another daughter was awarded Cemerlang.
She is presently teaching in a Chinese Primary School in Jinjang ,WP. Since graduating from IPBA and QUT,Australia ,this is her school. Her only school for 7 years under 3 GB or headmistresses.
I was skeptical at first.
Isssh.. takkan kot boleh dapat. Ramai lagi kot cikgu2 lain . Lagi2 dia minority di situ.
And I was proved wrong. At 32 she was awarded the certificate for her hard work.
She's a ketua guru panitia for her subject in that huge school when she was not even in her third year working.

Tahniah Ten! Keep up with the good work.

This brings me memories of my working life.
I got my Cemerlang certificates too. Aha... 3 times .
It was the second year of Anugerah Cemerlang . And I wasnt anticipating it.
I had always thought as a pendatang... I wasnt Perlis bred,knows no one in the state department ,not my head's favourite, my chances at it was slim.
Then came the bombshell.
Wei... cikgu dapat anugerah untuk tahun ni. Melintang pulak too.
At that time Anugerah Cemerlang came with melintang menegak. With melintang you proceeded to a new scale or tier in your gaji.
But with the cemerlang came a whole lot of kata2 belakang.
Awat dia. Ada lagi calon yang layak.
Bolehlah dapat. Bodek lah tu.
You tau GB bagi you menegak, macam mana boleh melintang?
Those were some of the complains amidst the comments that I got.

I was in my second year as the head of  a school when I was pleasantly taken by surprise. I had forwarded my media teacher as the deserving candidate for the anugerah of that year.
When the result came,it was me!
Waahh.. macamana ni. It had nothing to do with me as it was the choice of the jabatan.
On the fateful day when I was seated among the crowd I heard grumbles from behind.
Laaa. baru setahun jadi GB pun dapat. Bagilah kat orang lama.
Orang lama tak tau ampoooo...Came another voice.

And the last accolade was when I retired.
I was awarded PMP. It was from the Istana.
This time again there were sour grapes.
Laaa..jadi GB sat pun dapat PMP. ...
Apa dia buat no? Said another.

I didnt know what I did. Exactly.
Ask Jabatanlah why they chose me 3 times.... ewahhh..

I was happy to know that my children too were penerima anugerah cemerlang. All of them in their own fields.
Tahniah!
Hope kaklong got her promotion as abang did.
Get it from your hard work not from bodekkk . Bodeking doesnt get us anywhere. Hard work did.

Bye.

* Lepas beberapa tahun pencen, aku dihubungi utk pencalonan Tokoh Guru. Borang diberi utk diisi. Namun aku fikir beribu kali. Kali ni mmg aku tak layak selayaknya. Aku tolak. Tkasih pada mereka yang sentiasa mengingati ku.Alahai apalah sangat jasaku.


2 comments:

  1. Alhamdulillah. Tahniah. Pasti penilaian pihak penilai itu tidak salah... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tkasih kakcik. Tetapi kan adatlah. Ramai yg mempertikai bila anugerah salah alamat.

      Delete