Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Those catchy tunes...

 Switching on the tv brought me to Hitz FM. Adalah sapa2 yg programkan channel tu jadi penyambut halwa telinga . I tak kisah pun.....
Sometimes I would let it be. Dengar pi lah lagu2 orang putih tu. Bukan salah pun... atau jadi kap alif piaq. haha.
Terngiang ngiang lagi kata kata... cakap oghang putih, baca buku oghang putih ingat hang oghang putih ka.
The time when I was chosen  for a course to Scotland ada yang kata... pi situ buat apa. Kalau pi Mekah lain lah.. Gitu pulak..Sour grapes kah apa tak taulah. 

Then one day,I got to listen to this song...and wasnt I like sukanyaaa..
The tune is catchy. Macam lagu orang2 belah gunung Kinabalu pun ada.
Lagu... IDK..How can I miss someone whom I have never met...suka melodynya. Slow mellow gitu.Terus jatuh cinta. And I would be humming the song in the bathroom..




Teringat masa mengajar dulu dulu.
As a teacher who championed in a clean environment before class started, I hit upon an idea. Why not make the children sing while we rushed to get the class organised. Sampah dibakul sampahkan, meja yang herot petot barisan dibetulkan. Writing materials distributed to the group. In a fun and happy atmosphere.
Through SONGS!
This was when I was an MBMMBI teacher in a district school.
Songs in the text book aplenty. I taught the children to sing those songs. The laptop which was laid ready to use would be on. Songs on u tube would be used.
So from year one to three,whenever teacher in makcikson entered the class, it was a happy mood.
We would sing songs learnt from the text and u tube while organising the class. Like 2,3 minutes each time. 
Catchy tunes like... Butterfly, The Pirate song are some songs that I could remember. 
One day I saw students opening their text book for the wordings of the songs. I was caught by surprise. They were year one students who had not even learn to read yet. 
Even those  who are considered slow learner sang happily along. 
And when the class seemed drowsy in the afternoon heat, I would switch on the songs while the children did their work. Humming softly.
The class would dismiss with a song too. 
I think I had about 20 songs by the year end. 

And the best part was when a student read a passage very well and I exclaimed.
Pandainya kamu baca. Lancar. Pi tuisyen mana? Sapa ajar kat rumah.
The girl replied... Cikgulah ajar. Saya tak pi tuisyen.Kat rumah pun tak dak sapa.
Wasnt I happy? Heaven rasanya masa tu.

Rupanya baca lyric lagu2 tu boleh melancarkan bacaan murid . 
And parents, kalau nak anak2 cepat membaca, bukalah lagu2 yang ada lyrics tu. Biar depa ikut. Tak usah lah dok kata.... buat apa belajaq Bahasa Inggeris. Bahasa neraka tuuu. 
Tu yang pork pun tak tau apa diaaa....
Lard, natural/animal fat dsbnya.

Dengan boleh berbahasa kedua, ketiga ,peluang kerja pun lebih terbuka. Betul tak?

Thats all folks...Bye.


1 comment:

  1. sejujurnya, saya juga banyak belajar berkaitan bahasa melalui lirik2 lagu ;)

    ReplyDelete