Saturday, April 2, 2011

When the pantry is empty.

 

I usually stock up the pantry,the fridge when I shop at Tssssssco,AS.

Sekali harung  mau habis ratus ringgit penuhkan trolley.Dari cleaning liquids to sayur mayur.Daging maging.

But alas,I was down with fever a few days ago before the onset of the flood,thus the fridge and the pantry were not replenished.

So when I opened the fridge to cook dinner ,I could only rummaged a small portion of chicken breast.The soya sauce,the chilli sauce had long gone.Long gone too was the stock of ready to use chilli paste mamason style.

Aha …one consolation,the other day when she ventured to the Farmer’s market,she was coaxed to part with her RMRM for exchange of this sauce:

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

So with all my mastery …ewah … I transformed my teeny weeny kitchen into a research lab.And lo ho behold this dish came into being:

 OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Boleh tahan  juga sos nanas buat gravy ayam goreng.

My recipe for Ayam Nanas bercili:

Few chicken pieces…..goreng bergaram kunyit.

For the gravy : Hentam sajalah apa yang rasa nak letak.

But guna sos nanas bercili keluaran FAMA as base.

Masuklah air asam,garam,lada hitam,sugar .Simmer the sauce until thick.Add chilli,bawang besar.

Curahkan atas ayam tadi.

Makan nasi panas dalam banjir.Jangan lupa ikan kering goreng + sambal belacan.

Hmmmm…..boleh lah .

2 comments:

  1. He he he kalau dah darurat, aper saja boleh..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yang hairan tu,masa banjir ni lapar bukan main.Asyik nak makan saja.

    ReplyDelete