Friday, December 31, 2010

Back to school?

Today,made a call to the school listed in the offer letter.Have a talk with the assistant head of the school.Terkejut beliau makcik dapat tawaran mengajar disekolahnya.Ehh PK 1 as the post  is called was my former senior assistant at SKTTB of the Tentang Bulan fame.Sekolah yang ceria meria dalam filem tu adalah dari sekolah makcik jadi GB masa tu.Silap turned down the offer to appear as orang makan kenduri dalam movie tu… eh kalau tidak terfamous makcik. hehe Jadi binteng filem.hoho.

Back to the offered school,the school has yet to be notified of my going there as a contract teacher.After clarification as to the name of the school,I was absolute that it has a Tengku not a Raja Puan to its name.

It was raining dogs and cats when I hit the road to Arau with kakaten in tow. Having lead a sedentary life of being chauffeured here and there,taking to the wheels gave me shivers down my spine. Ehh terpanik sekejap bila kereta rasa tak berjalan bila mendaki flyover. Ya lah mama asyik memberek saja.Gosh.

Eventually found the school after a u-turn near the traffic lights.Kesan banjir tempoh hari masih berbekas disekolah.Sana sini guru guru masih ada yang mengecat bilik.Oh how I used to have cold sweats when the new year approaches and the school is only making headway in its preparation.Sikit punya panjang my senarai semak untuk setiap unit sekolah.

Got to meet the head of school.Our talks focused on the challenges of teaching nowadays.With  more than a thousand pupils and nearly a hundred teachers being the admin must be a tough challenge.It was SBT,NKRA dan bermacam istilah yang didengari.

Hope I could have a fun time teaching English.Dah lama tak nyanyi,bercerita,main games dengan murid.Jadi guru BI kalau tak fun memang funny. Teringat cerita teacher shidah yang fun but the funny side people dont take her as being funny.

But anyway, all depends on the result of my medical check-up. So sit tight.My status will be confirmed next Friday.

Ehh how would I like to be addressed by my pupils.

Maam …macam matsaleh lak

Madam …budak practical panggil GB

Teacher…biasalah

Mamason … tergelak si Dell.

No comments:

Post a Comment