Saturday, October 30, 2010

choir/choral speaking…take a break teacher.

 

The other day,I watched KBS ,my favourite tv program.I had few chances to watch astro as pakli would be conquering it.Tak habis habis dengan cerita koiboi,perang,bunuh,seram. Sedangkan makcik suka reality. Tak suka rekaan or fantasi .

It was about Kolleen betulkah ejaan ni and her choir.How she struggled to put up a choir macam choral speaking pun ada in her school.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA                         OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA                    

  OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA                        OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

And the end was touching.The children besar panjang dah pun budak budak ni wished goodbye to their teacher in a special way among tears that streamed so readily down their cheeks. How was I not touched i memang touchy these days.hmmm.And tears did flow easily out of my eyes these days.

 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA                         OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA                   

the teacher ….                          the students

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA                          OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA           

the actor                                    the audience

Well, well. The story on KBS did bring a flood of memories of my teaching years.Years of years of putting up performances for competitions.Either it be story telling,drama,singing ,choral speaking and what not.And as a teacher,every given task was not regarded as mundane. I would be very very sorry if my students were to perform badly.So practice and lots of practice were the order of the day.Even my home would be turned into a studio with pakli as the willing director.Jadi bila diumumkan pemenang ,bukan saja mrs rosli yang terlompat…pakli pun sama.Dan pernah terjadi anak dapat Johan,anak murid ibu pula dapat tempat ke 2.Dua dua pengumuman pakli dan makli suka hati.

And I do believe,even a small part in the choir or drama pegang tombaklah ni akan memberi impak dan kenangan yang abadi pada murid.I still remembered a 48 years old episode of me dancing to the tune of:

Put your left foot in

Put your left foot out ……pakli pun sama. Hehe.Comei.

2 comments:

  1. Mamason,
    My Mama said she remembers being forced to participate in so many English-related competitions (std 1 - form 5) by her teachers...story telling, drama, choir, choral recitation...nasib baik tak jadi artis, she said. har har har ... purrr....meow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brad,
    Your mama tentu star-studded student tak.Sbb tu cikgu ambil utk aktiviti sekolah.
    Like my human sisters...mamason suruh depa masuk apa saja aktiviti kat sekolah.dari dancing sampai pakai baju kotak!haha.kesian kak aten.Nangis kawan tu.

    ReplyDelete