Monday, December 14, 2009

of near misses

When we encounter a tragedy we used to think:

It might be me

It might be my children,my family or someone I know and love.

 

We might have seen our share of near misses.

Alhamdullilah. We came out unscathed

Recounting the near misses I couldnt help remembering these incidents.

  • Not for the quick action of my friend I might be gone one day in Penang Road. I nearly lost my footing on the five foot pathway into the traffic.Again it happened in Kuala Lumpur.
  • I was nearly drowned in a tempayan used to keep water.I was still a toddler.If not for the neighbour I would have tata to all.
  • The gas was not properly turned off on two occasions.En Ley was the savior on these two occasions.If he had lighted his puff …….
  • I had a shock when the bushes along the path to a school in Kuala Kubu Baru started shaking. Keling gila mana entah dok panggey .Apalagi start laghi  tercungap cungap sampai sekolah. Ha ambik lagi shortcut.
  • When my pa was at his temper tantrum.I ran out of the house and hid in the chicken coop!Chicken shits .Who cares?
  • Chased by Pak Chat Gila in Kulim back in the 60’s.Oghang gila sapa suruh dok acan?
  • Tail gated by a reckless driver who wanted to get even all along the way to Kulim.The army lorry driver was annoyed because of not having his way to overtake.Nak belawan dgn lori askar.Apa la pakli ni.Lawan la dgn bulldozer ka,lori simen ka.
  • That journey along the unpaved Grik Baling road when in fact it was closed to traffic.Awat tak baca road sign betui 2.
  • Mak close shave with the kerosene stove.How the sheer woman took the burning stove and hurled it the ground.
  • Me spanking a boy in a cinema.Well he deserved it and I was known as an anak dara cenghe. Sabit tu kawen lambat kut.

Well the list could go on and on.

    Anyway, these episodes  are the spice of my life.Gives me lots to tell and lots to write.
     
    Well semua ni betui belaka.Tak tipu aihhhh.

1 comment:

  1. The left to charge on the bed hp episode saw dear bil to hack the front door padlock.By the time he reached the bedroom,the hp was already heated.Well,imagined this: we were on the Plus expressway in Penang making our journey to KL for a week long holiday!Phew.

    ReplyDelete